- Instructor-led training
- Onsite training
- Five days of instructor-led training
- 60% lecture, 40% hands-on lab
- System administrators
- Systems engineers
- Operators responsible for ESXi and vCenter Server
System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems.
Contact your VMware representative or a VMware Authorized Training Center for pricing information.
This hands-on training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere®, which consists of VMware vSphere® ESXi™ and VMware® vCenter Server™. This course is based on prerelease versions of ESXi 5.1 and vCenter Server 5.1. Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the VMware Certified Professional 5 exam.
Students who complete this course may enroll in any of several, more advanced vSphere courses. For advanced course options, go to www.vmware.com/education.
By the end of the course, you should understand vSphere 5.1 functions and features and be able to do the following:
- Install and configure ESXi
- Install and configure vCenter Server components
- Use vCenter Server to configure and manage ESXi networking and storage
- Deploy, manage, and migrate virtual machines
- Manage user access to the VMware infrastructure
- Use vCenter Server to monitor resource usage
- Use vCenter Server to increase scalability
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply ESXi patches
- Use vCenter Server to manage higher availability and data protection